Saturday, December 8, 2012

Adventures in FMQ

Well, it's done.  Seville is finally quilted and ready for binding.

I tried to do something elaborate but it ended up looking like H-E-DoubleHockeySticks so in the end I kept it simple and much more within my skill range:



There was too much intersecting going on with the "lattice" sashing.  Everything I tried looked either not quilted enough, or too ugly where the intersections met.  In the end, I decided to quilt only on the coloured fabrics and leave the cream latticework alone.  I'll post a picture of the full quilt once I get the binding sewed down.  We're having a major snow day here today so in goes the new Dark Knight movie, out comes the thimble!

Oh, there was also a fabric arrival this week.  I was REQUIRED to buy this one, considering who my four-legged roommates are:




1 comment:

  1. I think you are too hard on yourself. You FMQ looks great! I like the fancy jester hat in the intersection area. I have been taking the challenge for the past year, but I only do it about once a month or so because I hand quilt steady for commissioned work. Not quality time to practice; so each time I sit to do it; it's like starting all over again...hang in there; yours looks good.

    Love that fabric!!!!

    ReplyDelete