Friday, June 24, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever

It should be illegal to name a fabric line after a song because THE ENTIRE TIME you're sewing, that song is running through your head.

My version of Carrie Nelson's Full Bloom is progressing nicely.  Everything is cut out, with nine-patches, star points and half-square triangles all sewn up.  With any luck, the top should be done by Monday.  I put together one of the star blocks to see how my colour choices worked out:


Whatcha think?

This was my first time using a template.  Turned out alot better than I thought it would, although I still find pressing things that are sewn on the bias to be a huge pain in the patootie.

What do you call a greyish beige colour?  Taupe?  Let's go with taupe...

The taupe fabrics in this collection are gorgeous.  See that floral print in the bottom left corner?  I badly want to make myself a pair of pyjama pants out of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment