Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Back at 'er

So I was the lucky winner of a Christmas basket at work that had loads of cool things in it.  I got a Kobo e-reader, a digital picture frame and (drumroll please) a new camera with a re-chargeable battery!!  Pictures will be POURING in now that I have an unlimited source of power.

Gosh, I feel like I just discovered warp drive or something :-)

Picture number #1 is Tucker checking out the weird whirring noise:



Picture #2 is Miss Sophie modelling the latest in Christmas pillow and quilt wear:


I wanted a seasonal quilt but I wanted it done quickly so I sewed together strips of Xmas-y fabrics and just did some simple straight line quilting.  I really like how it turned out.

I tried a new quilt batting with this one:  bamboo.  It has a really nice soft drape to it and seems to be a bit thinner than the 80/20 batting I normally use.  I will definitely be using it again.  The only downside was that it was really fuzzy to work with (not needlepunched as well as my usual batting) and it was really "sticky".  I had to work on my quilt layers for almost two hours before I got all the wrinkles out of everything because the fabrics didn't seem to want to slide against the batting.

Tucker is zonked out on the sofa beside me and boy, he is chasing something BIG in his dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment