Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bravo

I've been feeling under the weather the past few days and have been doing nothing that involves moving around too much.  In other words, I've been sitting on my butt with my laptop, cruising online fabric shops and blogs of people I admire.

Admiration kicked into high gear when I read this post on the Minick and Simpson blog regarding handwork.

I get the same reaction when people learn I quilt.  It's like "You do what??"  Who does that any more?  Who has TIME for that anymore??"

I have time.  I make time.  It keeps me sane.  It keeps me happy.

I'm the first to admit that I am a very simple person.  My greatest joys in life are my goofy little mutts, a good cup of coffee, a pile of books, something pretty to stitch and a comfortable home.  I have very little desire for the "next" thing that a lot of people seem consumed with (next vacation, nicer car, bigger home, etc) and getting there as fast as possible.  Life is good right here and right now so why not just take some time to savour it?

And if that involves a needle in your hand and a pile of fabric in your lap, all the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment