Saturday, September 3, 2011

Curio by Basic Grey

I noticed that Fat Quarter Shop now has yardage available for the Curio collection:

Curio Charm Pack BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics

I am fascinated by this colour combination.  It's got a shabby chic feel to it, but not with the normal shabby chic pinks & blues you normally see.  I bought a charm pack to check it out a little more closely and after one quick flip through them, I promptly ordered a FQ bundle from Green Fairy and have been waiting for this particular fabric to come out as yardage:

Curio Pumpkin Heirloom Yardage SKU# 30275-17

In person, this fabric is stunning.  There's always that one fabric in a collection that makes you go "oooooooooh" when you encounter it, and this is definitely the one.  That feeling is when I know I've discovered the backing fabric for a quilt!

I'm thinking of a bed-sized quilt since these fabrics will look SO good with my off-white bed and my little green nightstands.  Now, which quilt pattern to use..................

No comments:

Post a Comment