Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dithering about

Little of this, little of that.  Pretty much sums up my sewing.

I'm working on the latest Designer BOM from Fat Quarter Shop.  It's got a directional print which I always have to pay special attention to so that everything works out properly.  I decided a design wall would help me but I really don't have the space for a big one so I made a little portable one:


I know most DIY design boards are made with solid insulation but I found a 2x4 artist's canvas at Michael's and used that instead.  It's got a wood frame so it's very sturdy.  I've just got it leaning against my kitchen cabinets here but I think I'm going to put wire on the back so I can hang it like a picture where ever I need it.

I pulled out some of my other BOM blocks and took another look at them:


I love that block in the top-left corner.  I've never seen one quite like it before and I think I might make a quilt entirely out of that block.  So cute!

Speaking of cute, the puppers had a bath & haircut yesterday:



I can never get those two to look at the camera at the same time.  Ever.

Next project is my first ever attempt at a pineapple block.  All the usual trimming and sewing on the bias has scared me off until this point but this Fig Tree pattern assured me that their instructions worked more like a log cabin.  After reading through the pattern, I've decided to take the plunge with some pretty Field Notes fabric from Blackbird Designs:



Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great next project. I love greens in any colour.

    ReplyDelete