Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easy peasy

This Pineapple & Figs pattern is great!

I managed to do five blocks this past week:



It really does go together like a log cabin block and the way that you flip and trim the corner pieces helps to keep the blocks squared up.  Here's a close-up:


I thought I messed something up when I was doing the third round of corner pieces.  See how it's a little skinnier than the other ones?  I checked Sherri's version over at A Quilting Life and hers looks the same way.  That woman has mad skills when it comes to sewing so if hers looks that way, it must be right!

The blocks with the small scale prints or solids are much more striking than the one with the large scale print but once I put everything together, I think the large scale prints blocks will give a nice "lift" to the whole quilt top.

It's a chilly one out there today so I think the puppers and I are going to hang out at home, make some chocolate chip cookies, sew, and gear up for the big game tonight:   Winnipeg Jets vs. Toronto Maple Laffs -- oops, I mean Leafs -- on CBC.  I don't want to brag or anything but my boys kicked their butts a few days ago.  Can I have some more, please?  Doing it on national television would make it even sweeter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment